About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

SF Sketchfest 2012: The Thrilling Adventure Hour

January 22, 2012

Every year, SF Sketchfest takes place in late January through early February, and brings many funny shows, stand-up routines, sketches, speakers and movies to the city. Last year, we caught a funny show called "Celebrity Autobiography".

On Sunday afternoon, Will and I headed to the Marines Memorial Theater to catch a show called "The Thrilling Adventure Hour", which is a staged comedy product of old-time radio show, paying homage to 1940's era radio shows. The cast included some familiar TV/movie faces, such as Paget Brewster ("Criminal Minds"), John Hodgeman ("The Daily Show" and the Mac ads), Colin Hanks ("Orange County"), Busy Phillips ("Cougartown").



It was a fun afternoon, and the show was done in time to head home to watch the 49er's play the Giants (boo!). I'm looking forward to the 2012 edition of "Celebrity Autobiography" in the next couple weeks!

No comments: