August 25, 2012
On Wednesday, we diverted off I-5 and headed to the beautiful Oregon Coast. Our destination was the luxuriously-rustic Tu Tu' Tun Lodge on the Rogue River (just north of the Oregon-California border).
We booked the "Hawkins Riffle" room, which featured a king bed, fireplace, and soaker tub on the deck overlooking the Rogue River. Deee-luxe!
We signed up for the "meal plan", which was kicked off at 6:45 PM with a school bell signaling hors d'oeuvres. This was followed by a 3-course set dinner served family-style.
Bandon Dunes
On Thursday, we headed up to the infamous "links-style" golf course to play Bandon Dunes, a key item on most bucket lists for golfers. "Windy" is an understatement at this place!
A sweet token for us from the Bandon Dunes staff;
Rogue River Fishing
On Friday morning, Will and I had an early morning wake-up to meet up with Ross Bell to go fishing for Chinook salmon on the Rogue River.
Catch of the day: 15-pounder!
A screen shot from Ross' website of Will's catch:
We took the fish to get cleaned, filleted and vacuum-packed to take home...yum!!
We loved the days we spent in the area and fell in love with Tu Tu' Tun Lodge. After this experience, all I can think of is "I want to go to there".





No comments:
Post a Comment