About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Callaway Big Bertha

December 27, 2005

I was in San Jo' with the family until yesterday afternoon. Poor little Olivia had caught a 24-hour flu bug and was not having a good time for the past two days. Two pukies later, she was right as rain and being her usual cute but stubborn self.

I spent part of the morning with my Dad trying out new golf drivers at San Jose Municipal Golf Course. Ever since I tried out Susan Lavery's 12-degree Ping Si3 golfer over Thanksgiving, I realized some new technology might really do me some good off the teebox. Unfortunately, Ping stopped making the Si3 a few years ago the evolution of Ping drivers have gone from Si3 -> G2 -> G5, with many changes to the club head and to the loft of the club. So, a golf-pro named Logan helped us out for a bit. I got to test-drive the best of the new drivers for women and of course, I loved the most expensive one. I have since ordered the Callaway Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 driver with an enormous 460 cc club head and 13 degree loft. I was getting 10 to 20 yards more on this driver than the Ping G2L, and more is better...right?

Then in the late afternoon, I went to SFO to pick up my good friend, Benedetta, who was flying in from Venice for a week of good times in SF. She was quite the trooper after a long day of flying (Venice to Frankfurt to SF), and we headed for dinner at one of my favorites, Sushi Groove South in SOMA. Of course, I had to introduce her to the Mr. Dole's Mistress sake-tini, the tuna tartare salad, the california crab salad, and the scrumptious sushi rolls (techno, kamikaze, SOMA, jungle).

We crashed pretty early, Ben being exhausted from at least 16 hours of travel, and me being exhausted from sleeping at my sister's place with a little sicky 3-year old. And, we would need some major energy for the itinerary that I had already planned for the week...

No comments: