About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Master Fit

December 11, 2005

Waking up this morning was not a delightful experience--muscle-achy, head-achy, cut-achy, dehydrated-achy--not a good sign.

I had a noon appointment in San Jose at Mel Cotton's Sporting Goods with a fella named Luis, who is a certified, master bootfitter. You see, I bought a pair of ski boots a couple seasons ago in a rush, through a friend of a friend who works for Salomon. These boots were not-so-comfy, as my monster tree-trunk calves make my leg slide up and I end up with arch pains due to skiing on the balls of my feet. So, seeing as I am much more comfortable with snowboarding and am ready to mix skiing back in, I was finally going to remedy the situation of the oh-so-painful ski boots.

Anyway, there's something called America's Best Bootfitters and Master Fit University, which provide accreditation and training, respectively, for custom bootfitting. I had no idea this existed. Mel Cotton's happens to have staff that is certified as master bootfitters, and that dude is Luis.

So, I was running late, of course, and only left myself 45 minutes to get to San Jose from the city...ambitious, I know. Shockingly, I hit parking-lot traffic on the 101 S right at Monster Park. As usual, it was all over nothing (the real accident was in San Mateo, but everyone was freaking out and trying to get off early and causing major issues).

When I finally got to Mel Cotton's, it was an absolute breeze. Luis solved my problem at the first try in 10 minutes. Removed some liner, moved the buckles, inserted heel cups under my insoles and PRESTO!, fits like a glove. And it only cost $5. I can't believe that it took me so long to do this...shameful.

After that, I headed to my sister's place to play with my niece, Olivia. She's almost 3 years old and is quite the little person.

Olivia, with her ruby-red Wizard of Oz shoes, by the Christmas tree

Olivia hauling around her goods

Christmas will be very entertaining with Olivia this year, as she finally gets it.

No comments: