April 4, 2006
Clue #21 that I am a Foodie:
I got really excited when I found out that the Executive Food & Wine editor & restaurant critic for the SF Chronicle, Michael Bauer, started his own food blog called "Between Meals".
Who is Michael Bauer and why do I care?
Michael Bauer, whose journalism career spans more than 25 years, is the Executive Food and Wine Editor of The Chronicle. He began his career writing behavioral science features for the Kansas City Star and then was the restaurant critic and wine editor of the Dallas Times Herald. A member of the James Beard restaurant awards committee, Bauer has studied with Madeleine Kamman. He is the originating author of "Access San Francisco Restaurants," co-editor of "The San Francisco Chronicle Cookbook, Volume 2" (2001), "The Secrets of Success Cookbook" (2000) and "The San Francisco Chronicle Cookbook, Volume 1" (1997). He has been nominated for a Beard award three times for his restaurant review and has won the top award for restaurant criticism by the Association of Food Journalists. In 2004 he was induced into the James Beard's Foundations Who's Who of American Food and Beverage.
As most of you know, I love the entire dining experience and living in SF is an overwhelming but amazing way to cultivate that love affair. In case you're interested as to what sources I use to choose new places and great food, here they are:
- Michael Bauer's annual Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants list
- San Francisco Citysearch's "New and Notable" list
- 7x7 Magazine
- San Francisco Magazine
- restaurant reviews and "Fresh Eats" by SF Weekly
------------------------------------------------------------------
Where In The World Is Frodo Update:
- Frodo is currently in Sydney, Australia until Tuesday (5/9)
- Fly to Melbourne, pick up a rental car and drive the coast for 3 days
- Stay in Melbourne for 4-5 days to see a friend and check out the town
- One night back in sydney before flying to bangkok for the big asian adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment