About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dining With Power

May 16, 2006

I definitely had the case of the Moundays today, as I was pretty sluggish after a full weekend of activity. We went to watch Will and Wendy (Panteras) play hockey last night at Yerba Buena, and they successfully defeated the Dragons with a score of 6-2. The team cap, Paul Trapani, even got a nice hat-trick.

Anyway, I went to bowling league last night, and bowled pretty average (147-138-122?), and the busted back to the city for a late dinner with Adam, Arissa, and some of their friends that were also in town at Lime in the Castro. I always enjoy the food (and the white peach bellinis!) at Lime. Adam does too.

And because I know that you're curious, we ate:
- Beet salad with candied walnuts and goat cheese
- Ricotta Gnocchi, shitake mushrooms, thyme, parmesan cheese
- 3 Mini Burgers*, on housemade buns, white cheddar & special sauce
- Fish Tacos*, cornmeal dusted Halibut, avocado & sour cream, tomato salsa
- Beef Tartare, spicy Thai red curry, kaffir lime oil, sesame crackers
- Two Way Filet Mignon, salsa verde, red wine butter sauce
- Beef Short Ribs, rich red wine sauce, spicy slaw
- Morrocan Lamb Chops, cous cous





A friend of Adam and Arissa's from Montreal, Jonathan Power, was also in town and he showed up with a few of his friends. For anyone that follows the world of squash, you may know that Jonathan is the current world champion and is widely held as the most successful North American squash player in history. He's infamous for his "John McEnroe"esque behaviour on the court and has recently retired from the professional tour. Seeing as I don't really follow the world of squash, I had no idea. But then again, who follows ultimate frisbee??

___________________________________________________________

Update from Robert (formerly known as Frodo) in his travels: (05/16/2006)

- Good times in Melbourne
- Heading to Bangkok tomorrow
- Tentative travel plans: In Bangkok for 6 days before flying to Hanoi --> a month in Vietnam --> Cambodia for a couple of weeks --> Laos for 2-4 weeks --> back into Thailand via Northern Thailand for another month or so.

"'Frodo' is now officially dead as I got a haircut in Melbourne yesterday and the woman decided to cut and cut and cut despite me saying how much I wanted cut and even showing her how much. This is the shortest my hair has been in 4-5 yrs, but at least it grows quickly and I will probably be grateful for short hair in the brutal se asian heat."

No comments: