About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Friday, May 12, 2006

The Louting Continues

May 12, 2006

Last night was Thursday and that means we played Kickball last night in the Golden Gate WAKA league. Our team, the Lager Louts, remains undefeated, as we added another win with a score of 9-3. Once again, we had a great first inning, going ahead 5-0, and were able to hold off the other team in slightly lighter blue (our shirts are navy blue). I finally got on base in the first inning and made the judgement call to layout (hands forward) slide into second base. This was a good idea to avoid getting out, but a very bad idea because I was wearing a belt and I WAKA'd my pelvic bone. (Lesson Learned for next week: Don't wear a belt). Oy!








Shaun as the referee for the late game

After the late game ended, we headed over to Zona Rosa for some burrito-sustenance (an easy lesson-learned from last week: must eat before drink)





From Zona Rosa, we headed to the sponsor bar, Kezar Pub, which was still bustling, but not as obnoxious as the week before. The green team had challenged us to a series of flip-cup, so of course, we obliged. We lost 2-1 and were smart enough to leave the table (and specifically, NOT play ourselves; lesson learned #2 from last week).








And then we escaped Kezar Pub and joined the rest of our teammates at Finnegan's Wake in Cole Valley, a much mellower and wiser choice for an after-game beer. Will and I played darts against Wendy and Carl, and realized that we're not very good at darts. You're supposed to get the pointy part to stick into the round thing, right? Yeah...not so good at that.



In the end, Will and I called it a night and headed home a little after 11 pm like good adults do...after all, it is a school night.

The only question on all of our minds last night for the fourth week of kickball in a row was: Where's Sandy?

Dude, are you ever going to play?

No comments: