About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Guaymas: Take 2

October 20, 2006

Last night was a redux of Guaymas, as Katharine and I were meeting up with our old co-workers Peter (in town from Boston) and Mandy. Hooray! We finally got the date right, so it was off to Guaymas again for dinner.

I enjoyed the same meal again, the CAMARONES A LA SAL DE ROCA (giant shrimp cooked over rock salt served with Mojo de Ajo dressing), but this time I threw in a couple yummy strawberry margaritas.

I also had shared some of Katharine's dish, which were large shrimp stuffed with jalapeno and cheese wrapped in bacon...yummy...bacon-wrapped anything is yummy.

Mandy's PUERCO MACHO (pork loin chop with grilled plantain, topped with an ancho chile, garlic and onion sauce) was also very tasty. The pork was tender and the plantain was cooked to a perfect consistency.

Peter had the tamales, PLATILLO DE TAMALES SURTIDOS (an assortment of three tamales - chicken, pork and green corn masa). Sorry, no picture!

For dessert, Peter ordered the BANDIDO BLANCO (white chocolate mousse with strawberry sauce), which I had to try despite my ever-threatening-to-explode belly. The mousse was quite fantastic.


Guaymas really is a fantastic place, highly recommended. Especially if you need a good place to go two times in a week. The night was beautiful and the view is unparalleled. They also make damn good maragaritas (according to Peter and Katharine who drank the real ones and not the fruity ones like Mandy and I).

No comments: