Can you believe it? It's been one glorius year of blogging, with 156 posts under my belt.
FRIDAY
With lots of impending travels, I headed down to SJ to hang out with the kiddies (of course!) after work on Friday night. The babies are getting pretty huge (14 & 15 pounds), fitting into 6 month clothing (they're 14 weeks old) and are super smiley and make lots of cute cooing baby sounds.
SATURDAY
Praise God, the twins sleep more than a couple hours straight now! In fact, I had a nice sleep from about 12:30-4:30 am, 4 hours in a row!
On her way to ball-eh class...
On Saturday afternoon, I went to the mecca of suburban malls, Valley Fair in San Jose, to pick up a few items, which may or may not have included a suit and two bikinis. In the evening, I headed over to HP Pavilion in San Jose to catch the Sharks play the Minnesota Wild. Our buddy, Jason Cooley, had 4 sweet tickets and had brought along his girlfriend, Lauren, Wendy and me.
My ticket was: Section 101, Row 4, Seat 17.
As you can imagine, row 4 means you're pretty damn close. Even more so when you're directly behind the visiting team bench. I think that row 4 is great everywhere else in the arena, but if you're behind the players' benches, row 6 would be ideal. The problem is that you have the coaches and hockey sticks in the way of your view of the action. See pictures below.



Free rally towel...
Tim Hunter's sweet "I played hockey for many years and my nose is what I've got to show for it" profile. I had to take this picture because he was on the Stanley Cup winning team for the Calgary Flames in 1989, a time when I was absolutely obsessed with hockey.
The Sharks lost this contest with a score of 4-1, a bit of a bummer, as they only started to look lively on the ice in the second half of the third period.
SUNDAY
On Sunday morning, I took in some lovely brunch with Key, Katharine, and Wendy at 2223 Restaurant in the Castro. This place is great, and the last time I was there, they had a fantastic salad, which of course, was not on the menu this time...boo!

Wendy chose the roasted mushroom & vegetable bread pudding with arugula, olive & goat cheese salad, which was deliciously rich and good, and surprisingly filling.
I had the pretty boring and typical choice of two eggs (overeasy) with applewood smoked bacon and home fries. Very good, although typical.
Katharine had the buttermilk pancakes with strawberry compote and chantilly cream. Yum!
Key had the smoked salmon benedict (lemon scone, lemon-caper hollandaise, cucumber-fennel salad). Key was not psyched about the lemon scone, but otherwise enjoyed his benedict.
After brunch, I had two hours to digest and putz around the house until we had to leave for our last pre-Nationals practice in Walnut Creek. Our team heads to Sarasota this week (I leave tomorrow night on a red-eye) for the UPA Club Championships. I hear there's a heat wave...oy!
Wish us luck!





No comments:
Post a Comment