About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Blue Bird Tahoe

February 11, 2008

Will, Wendy and I headed up to Tahoe on Friday night, as did a bunch of other folks in the cabin. We were expecting a pretty full house on this specific weekend, and it looked to be a good time.

A few of us decided to have a leisurely morning, considering the lack of new snow and the undoubtedly crowded ski hill. We went to Sprouts for brunch and then hit Heavenly around 11:30 AM. I snowboarded with Shaun and then we met up with a bunch of the crew at the SkyDeck for a late lunch. The day was gorgeous, a little too warm, and there were bluebird skies. Too bad I didn't bring my camera, the views of Lake Tahoe were amazing!

After a good afternoon on the snow, we met up with our friend Jen, who came to visit from Truckee, did some hot-tubbing, and then grabbed some take-out Thai food from Orchid's Thai for dinner. For a big group, this was the best decision, as we got a ton of food for not a lot of money. Yum!

We headed to the casinos (oy!) later in the evening, I was set on playing some craps and had some money to burn in my pocket. Too bad I lost some of it. C'est la vie...


On Sunday morning, we had another leisurely morning enjoying Patrick's amazing restaurant-grade waffles and some stimulating conversation. Gail, Will and I headed to the hill by 10:30 and I spent the day skiing. I've been mainly snowboarding over the past few years, but now that I'm pretty comfortable with both snowboarding and skiing, it's super fun to switch back and forth. I had so much fun skiing! I think I'll have to do it more often, especially when there's no new snow...



One of the cabin folks, Christophe, had unfortunately lost his car key, so there was some group cabin efforts to push his car up the big driveway and out of everyone else's way. The boys came through with their super strength and managed to get the car up the icy driveway, particularly after some creative work with the ice axes.



Well, I hope Tahoe gets some more pow-pow, but I had a fantastic time nevertheless. Best cabin ever!

No comments: