About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holly Jolly Christmas!

December 25, 2008

On Wednesday night, Will and I were down in Santa Clara for Christmas eve activities at my sister's house. My parents had flown into town on the 22nd, and were immersed in cute kids and lots of activities. 

Our family tradition is that we do a low-key dinner on the 24th, open presents with the kids in the wee early hours of the 25th, I cook a big brekkie (with lots o' pork products), and then my folks take care of a superb Christmas night dinner. It's all good. 




The Chan girls made an appearance at Christmas eve dinner before they headed out to Maui:






Will and I spent the night and woke up to little feet waking up to see what was under the Christmas tree...











With mimosas flowing freely, Will and I whipped up 3 pounds of bacon, 3 pounds of maple sausage, egg scramble (with avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion and sharp cheddar), hash browns with grilled onion, and toast. Yum!




The rest of Christmas day was spent in a toy-playing, napping fog. By mid-afternoon, the kitchen was in full scuttle again, with lots of activity, even the kids got into the fun:




Dad's prime rib...mmmmm....



Key and Robert also joined our family for dinner (I think it was my dad's prime rib that was the big draw...)...






We had a tremendous time with the family, and it came and went faster than usual, it seemed. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday wherever you were!


No comments: