On Thursday night, I headed down to San Jose with Will, Robert & Sue Hee to see the San Jose Sharks take on my hometown faves, the Calgary Flames.
No matter how long I've lived in the bay area, my hockey heart still belongs to the Flames. I have a hierarchy of who I'll cheer for (Flames, then Sharks, then any other Canadian team, and then the Pittsburgh Penguins....).
It was a pretty sweet game. The first period was a little lackluster, but the second and third were more exciting. In the end, a late goal by Calgary's Dion Phaneuf (in the news recently due to the fact that he's dating an actress who was referred to as "sloppy seconds" by controversial and jerky player, Sean Avery) sealed the win for Calgary with a score of 3-2.
I can't wait for playoffs in the spring, Go Flames!
No comments:
Post a Comment