I went to Milan for a week for work, only one week after I was in London for work (eww....). I took off on a Monday and landed on a Tuesday. I was pretty jetlagged, so I ordered some food and checked out the teeny-tiny gym in the hotel before crashing.
WEDNESDAY
On Wednesday, we had all day meetings, and then dinner at a yummy place called Don Lisander, which was located in central Milan. I didn't really take any pics of the food, but I couldn't resist taking a snap of the cured meats...yum!
On Thursday morning, I decided to head out on a run to get some exercise that wasn't in a teeny-tiny gym. My co-worker bailed, but I scoped out a nearby park called the Giardini Publicci. From the hotel to the park, and a couple laps of the park resulted in ~3.5 mile run. It was perfect. Though, it was really interesting how all the morning traffic made it harder to run back the hotel with all the exhaust fumes and smog. Note to self: run earlier.






More all-day meetings, and then dinner at a great place called Giannino. This was probably my favorite meal in Milan.

FRIDAY
On Thursday, we had a long day of meetings, but finished in time to have a couple hours between work and dinner. So, a couple co-workers and I went sight-seeing in central Milan. We headed to Piazza San Babila and the famous Duomo.











Walking around the famous "square" of the fashion district, an area that is bordered by Via Montanapoleone, Via Della Spiga, Via Sant' Andrea, Via Manzoni.


For dinner, we were treated to a super hip restaurant-that-turns-into-a-club and a place that was probably way to cool for us. It was called Lotvs.







That was my one "big night out", as I danced until close to 3 am. And man, did I ever pay for it.
SATURDAY









For dinner, we were treated to a super hip restaurant-that-turns-into-a-club and a place that was probably way to cool for us. It was called Lotvs.SATURDAY
This was the only day that I skipped a morning run, as you can imagine based on the festivities from the night before.
Another full day of meetings, and I got some air and after the meetings.

We headed to another restaurant-that-turns-into-a-night-club, but this was not on the same class level as the night before, and it was called Shu Cafe.


I made it through dinner and pulled the chute by 10:30 PM. Too old for two nights in a row...
SUNDAY

I made it through dinner and pulled the chute by 10:30 PM. Too old for two nights in a row...SUNDAY
Sunday was a good day, although it did involve some work. I went for my last morning run while in Milan, and it was glorious because there was no traffic! I spent the morning working, and then did some shopping, before meeting up with some super-fun folks for dinner at Jazz Cafe.









I flew home on Monday, after a long week in Milan, and even though it was a hard working and fun week, I was happy to go home!

I flew home on Monday, after a long week in Milan, and even though it was a hard working and fun week, I was happy to go home!Ciao!


No comments:
Post a Comment