About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bun Mee & Hangover II

May 29, 2011

On Saturday night, more folks were out for another dinner-and-a-movie night. This time, we headed to Fillmore street to try out the delicious offerings of the new Vietnamese sandwich shop, Bun Mee.


Salad rolls with sliced pork, prawns, vermicelli noodles, pineapple, pickled shallots, and fresh herbs (yum!):

I ordered the Belly Bun for dinner (braised pork belly with salted radish relish, shaved onion, pickled carrot and daikon, cucumber, jalapenos and cilantro). OMG, it was so good.
I also had the housemade strawberry-lychee agua fresca, which combines two of my favorite fruits, and was superb. I need to steal this recipe so I can add rum to it and make it a cocktail. Slurp!  Lastly, I also tried the chocolate coconut cream cookie sandwich (which happens to be on the 7x7 magazine Big Sweet SF list (50 treats to eat before you die).  How many times can I say OMG?

Bun Mee is fantastic, and good and economic meal, great place for a quick bite when shopping on Fillmore or before going to a movie...for instance.

After dinner, we headed down to the Kabuki to catch "Hangover 2".

I've heard that "Hangover 2" got slaughtered in the reviews, but I enjoyed it. Seriously, what magical and new experience was everyone expecting?

No comments: