On Saturday night, Will and I got all gussied up for Robert & Sue Hee's dinner reception (in follow-up to their nuptials at City Hall a couple weeks ago). Prior to dinner, we met up with Ashley, SuWu, Winks and Henrik for drinks at Comstock Saloon. Nothing gets a night started like a Barkeeps Whimsy (I went for something with gin).
We then walked (I teetered in my platform heels) to the site of the dinner, Wayfare Tavern, Tyler Florence's flagship SF restaurant.
Robert & Sue Hee hosted a sit-down dinner, with tables themed for dog breeds (harkening to their recent family addition of cute pup, Yogi). Will and I were at the Wheaten Terrier table, which made Will incredibly nostalgic for his childhood dogs, which happened to be Soft-coated Wheaten terriers...
The menu was set up family-style, which I was pretty psyched for, as I wanted to try several things on the menu:
The food was delish, and the winner of the night for me was the fantastic fried chicken (no surprise, there!) followed by the short ribs.
Speeches! First up, Sue Hee's sister Irene:
Next speech, by Roberts' best man, Eric (in from Montreal):
Third speech by Gene, Sue Hee's brother:
The last speech was given by...
Five Asians approve:
Congratulations, Robert & Sue Hee!!!
P.S. Now accepting suggestions for integrated nick-names. First option: Yo-Rob-Hee (Yogi-Robert-Sue Hee). What's your contribution?









No comments:
Post a Comment