May 4, 2011
On Tuesday night, I met up at Waterbar with Robert, Sue Hee and Sara for dinner. It was a gorgeous night and the view of the Bay Bridge was stellar.
I chose a couple items off the featured menu by guest chefs Mark Gaier and Clark Fraiser from Arrows Restaurant in Ogunquit, Maine, winners of the 2010 James Beard Award for Best Chefs Northeast. Chefs Gaier and Fraiser were cooking a special dinner menu this night in celebration of their new book "Maine Classics".
The appetizer was "Lobster Shortcake" with rum-vanilla sauce, curried shallots and cilantro, which was so generous in portions and so filling that this could've been my entree. It was delish!
For my entree, I had the bacon-wrapped cod with hominy cake, mom's sauce, star anise onions and dilly beans.
I couldn't finish the entree, which was a shame, it was very good. To sweeten the pot, Robert had a coupon for 30% off the meal, so it was a fantastic deal. I had eaten at Waterbar for brunch a couple times, and I was glad to finally have had dinner here. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment