About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Giants Half Marathon 2011

August 29, 2011

It's been 27 days since I ran the first half of the SF Marathon, and since then, I've only run 4 miles (beautiful run around Lost Lake in Whistler, though). So, it makes sense to run another half-marathon without training, right?

On Saturday, I joined Sue Hee and Dale at the start line for the SF Giants sponsored "The Giant Race", which features half-marathon, 10K and 5K distances and raises money for Project Open Hand.

Before the pain:

It was perfect weather for me to do the long run, with overcast sky, and not-too-cold temps to keep me cool. Sue Hee and I slogged through the beautiful course: from AT&T Park along the Embaracadero, past Fisherman's Wharf (10K turnaround), past Aquatic Park, up and over Fort Mason, through the Marina, Crissy Field, and a turnaround before the Warming Hut at Crissy Field, and then back the way we came, ending on the field at AT&T park at third base.

Yay, done! Ow!

Thanks to Sue Hee for keeping me company through the run, I don't think I would've kept running if she hadn't been such great company. We got good schwag from the race: Half-marathon medal, Tim Lincecum bobblehead doll, Nike Cotton dry-fit t-shirt, race bag and goodies.

The race was very well-organized and fun, but maybe I'll sign up earlier to get into the 10K next year...:)


No comments: