About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Thursday, August 04, 2011

SFM 2011

July 31, 2011

I don't know why, but it happens every year. I sign up for the first half of the San Francisco Marathon (it's the first half marathon I every ran and I have a soft spot for tradition), but I never know if I'll have time to actually train. Sure enough, not so much on the training.

Ah well...on Saturday, I met up with my friend, Dale at the race expo:



Up and at 'em early on Sunday morning (I was in Wave 5, which was a 6:02 AM start):



It was a pretty perfect day for the run, overcast but not cold. I did pretty well for the first 11 miles (despite the under-arch blisters on both feet) and slugged through the last 2.1 miles to
eek out a finish that was better than I thought (2:13, ~10:11 min/mile pace overall).


I'll train for next year's race...right? Right....

No comments: