As most of you know, I am a co-captain of a San Francisco Ultimate Club (SFUC) winter league team, with Dave Brokaw. One of biggest incentives for captaining a team each season is the raucous captain's dinner that takes place every January. Last season, we went to Buca di Beppo, where we had the "Cardinal Room", and redefined the concept of the captain's dinner. Let's just say that there was mistaken raisin wine consumption and mistaken birthday girl celebrations leading to an impromptu Italian lap-dance. Yes, oh my.
This year, we returned to Buca di Beppo, and to the Cardinal Room. I have no idea what everyone was eating, but at our table, we definitely enjoyed:
- BUCA TRIO PLATTER (large only) crispy shrimp, fried calamari and pan fried fresh mozzarella
- CRISPY SHRIMP
- MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH PROSCIUTTO & GORGONZOLA
- MACARONI ROSA with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, peas and fresh bruschetta in a rosa sauce
- PENNE ARRABBIATA with spicy fennel sausage and crushed red pepper in a zesty marinara
- CHICKEN MARSALA with fresh mushrooms
- TIRAMISU rum and espresso soaked ladyfingers layered with custard, topped with cocoa and biscotti with almonds
And for the record, I think that our group (approximately 30 people) consumed at least (8) 3-liter bottles of Chianti...that's about 24 liters of vino...and did it ever show.
There were lots of photos on my camera when I looked this morning (104 photos), but I've only posted a fraction of those...I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...




















So, you know that it's been a good night when the manager of Buca di Beppo comes into the Cardinal Room and says "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here"...
I think the night is best summed up by Dave Brokaw, who sent out an e-mail this morning:
Curse you Henrik for exposing me to the awful truth that I am NOT, as previously stated, "impervious to alcohol". Alcohol has many varied effects on me. All of which are decidedly unpleasant.
I know that I definitely had to reach for the Tylenol this morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment