About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Fortune's Top Pick

January 11, 2006

Although Will is going to bug me about blogging this, I just can't help it. Earlier this week, Fortune Magazine released the results from its annual "100 Best Companies To Work For" list.




I was super-psyched to see that my company, Genentech, was chosen as the top pick on this list for 2006. Our company has earned a place on the FORTUNE list for eight consecutive years. For each of the past three years, we have been the only biotech or pharmaceutical company to appear in the top twenty positions.

Anyone who has heard me talk about my company knows that I love working at Genentech and that I truly believe in what we are doing. Our CEO, Art Levinson, is a visionary leader and he maintains his roots and values in key science. As employees, we get a lot of corporate communications from Art and he strives to maintain our culture, which is difficult, especially as our tally of employees has broken the 9,500 mark.

If you're interested, check out the article about Genentech as #1 on the list here.

No comments: