Wow, check out all the action on the blog this week...all courtesy of the Chow in town from Vancouver. This was a good excuse also for me to take off half of Tuesday so that I could hang out with Steph before she took off.
So, after a few hours working online at home, Steph and I left the house and headed down the hill. Steph had already checked out Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, the cable car from Powell, North Beach, and the Marina. I wanted to take her through my favorite neighborhoods. We walked through the Castro and grabbed a chai latte for the road. From there, we headed over to Dolores Park and checked out the phenomenal view of the skyline. Did I mention how nice it was on Tuesday? I wish I had brought my camera.
From Dolores Park, we walked to 18th Street, where we stopped at Pizzeria Delfina for lunch and sat outside and enjoyed the nice weather. Steph and I shared the Insalata Tricolore (arugula, radicchio and endive with lemon, extra virgin olive oil and grana padano) and the Margherita pizza (tomato, fior di latte mozzarella, basil and parmigiano). Man, I really wish I had brought my camera for this lunch. Delish!
We spent the afternoon hanging out in the Mission. I took Steph to my fave stores and checked out a few new ones. I had to take her to the famous Pirate Supply Store at 826 Valencia. We had an afternoon drink at Papa Toby's Revolution Cafe. We checked out the furniture at Therapy. I bought some hot eggplant peep-toe wedge heels at Sunhee Moon.
We headed back home around 5:30 pm and chill-axed until dinner. For dinner, Will, Coco, Robert, Steph and I went to Yo Yo for sushi. I love this place. It's always great and the service is awesome.
After dinner, Steph and I went to meet up with Wendy, Frankus and Woody at Cassanova Lounge.
There was lots of reminiscing from the days back in Calgary. Some of these stories included references to "incredibly uncomfortable hugs". Here is Frankus demonstrating "incredibly uncomfortable hugs" on Wendy.
On our way out of Cassanova, we ran into the infamous Tamale Lady. So of course, Steph had to get a tamale. She chose the pork with the spicy red sauce.
Good times! Steph, we can't wait for you to come back to SF!
No comments:
Post a Comment