About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend Re-Cap: SJ Farmer's Market & A Good Ol' Hockey Game

March 12, 2007

There's some wackiness going on at Blogger, so loading pictures is a total pain in the bum-bum at this time, as I need to go through a site like Photobucket. So, let's just say that it took some time...

FRIDAY

Key and I went running at Kezar on Friday night and then got take-out sushi from Kiki Sushi, a good place for cheap-ish sushi in the Inner Sunset. They've slowly gotten busier and busier over the years, and now, it's much faster to do take-out.

I'm not sure why I always do this, but I always start massive projects late at night, so that I can't go to sleep until it's done. It must be hereditary, my mom does it all the time. So, I started doing a bunch of paperwork and went to sleep late...

SATURDAY

Part of the massive paperwork started the night before was in preparation of doing my taxes. I had alotted Saturday morning for this arduous task. I always use Turbotax, and it's a good straight-forward way to ease the pain. It took about 2 hours and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it turned out to be. Apparently I did not complicate my life too much last year by selling any employee stock. Way to go Bea.

After that, I tried to go downtown to run errands, which was a really stupid idea. Everyone and their dog decided to go downtown in the gorgeous Saturday afternoon. I really should apply rational thinking more often. It might ease my looming ulcer.

Will had gone up to Tahoe for a couple days and came back on Saturday night. We met up with Abe for a couple drinks at Hobson's Choice in Upper Haight, a nice stroll down the hill for us. We didn't last very long, as we managed to down a few drinks pretty quickly, and we weren't really in the rallying mood.

SUNDAY

Will and I headed down to south bay to hang out with my sis and the kids on Sunday. We met up with Angie, Olivia, Charlotte, Simon, and some of Angie's friends at the Farmer's Market in downtown Campbell.

It was another beautiful day and it was great walking down the street and sampling the yummy goods. I got some great toffee from R&J Toffee Company and some super sweet oranges.








We had lunch at the Sonoma Chicken Coop, a great place for families, as there's plenty of tables and good food at a reasonable price. I had the quarter chicken with Rooster Booster BBQ sauce (chipotle pepper & brown sugar BBQ glaze) and grilled veggies. I spent most of lunch holding 8-month old Simon, who managed the hat-trick of: puking down my cleavage, throwing food at me, and peeing all over when I changed his diaper. Good thing that kid is so damn cute. Charlotte was an angel hanging out. And Olivia was in heaven playing with her little friend Sarah.


(Notice that Simon is wearing a different outfit, this would be after he peed all over himself and on me...)




The rest of the afternoon was spent back at Angie's house, with Will showing off his artistic side by succumbing to Olivia's request for butterflies and flowers on her hands and legs.



We met up with JonZ and his dad, Rich, at the HP Pavilion for the San Jose Sharks vs. Edmonton Oilers hockey game. These were great tix (Section 116, Row 14), behind the penalty boxes.




In the second intermission, there was a little scrimmage between two little junior hockey teams...so cute!

In the end, San Jose shut out Edmonton 3-0, with some great saves from Nabokov in the Sharks' net. Too bad, I really like Rollie (Oiler's goaltender Dwayne Roloson).

Thanks again to JonZ and his papa for bringing Will and I to the game, I love me a good ol' hockey game.

No comments: