About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Craig & Kai: Part Deux

August 7, 2007


Craig and Kai showed up in San Francisco on Monday night, a brief stopover in their honeymoon/road trip that they're taking from SoCal to Napa and to other exciting places in Cali.

Will and I met up with Craig, Kai, and Kai's friends, Judy & Tony, who also happen to be new transplants to SF from SoCal. They're like neighbors as they live only a few blocks from us in the Castro.

We all walked to a local restaurant, Sumi, which serves up yummy food in a cozy little room.



Will and I shared the wonderful mussels with garlic crostini for an appetizer.
For an entree, I had one of my faves, the duck with port and fig reduction, with wild rice and greens.
Will had the filet mignon with port-infused butter.
Kai wanted to show off her pan-seared sea scallops (good sized suckers too!)
Will and I shared the chocolate brownie sundae. Good lord, this was delectable.

After dinner, I headed to the gym for 45 minutes of elliptical love (did you see that sundae?) and then picked up Adam who was in town for work. We went to Yerba Buena to see Will, Wendy, and Wade play hockey (Wade dragged his hockey gear from Montreal!). The game didn't start until 10:45 pm...ick!

The Panteras put in a good second and third period, so they prevailed over the Lumberjacks by 6-4. I guess I am good hockey karma.
Go Panteras!

No comments: