On Saturday night, (after a long, windy frisbee practice), Wendy and I headed to a surprise going-away party for Jason and his ladylove, Lauren. Jason and Lauren are moving to Boston at the end of August, so sad. The Panteras will have to say goodbye to one wicked slapshot.
There was quite the spread of food at this party. Yum!
On Sunday, we had yet another frizzer practice and then I rushed over the San Mateo Bridge to SFO to pick up Benedetta, who was jetting in for a less than 48-hour visit. Ben was in Canada for two weeks and managed to get a last-minute flight on points to come see me. Yay!
Kat, Key, Chuck, and Wendy came over for potluck, we threw together some bacon-wrapped scallops, mixed salad, baked salmon, mango rice.
Chuck baked cookies and Key brought a mint chocolate ice cream cake from Bi-Rite for dessert. These boys know how to do dessert.
On Monday, I went to work until 1 pm and then took the afternoon off to hang out with Benedetta. We went over to Tartine Bakery so she could have some lunch, while I had one the best Lemon Cream Tarts I've ever had. I couldn't eat the whole thing!
We had a nice afternoon of shopping in the mission, that was soured when my car got towed (d'oh!) and I handed over a nice chunk of change to the San Francisco Department of Parking and Traffic. I am an idiot.
For dinner, we went to Noe Valley with Abe, Wendy and Will for dinner at Deep Sushi. Abe and I quickly realized that this place is no good for parties bigger than three people. The food is really good, but it turns out their portions are really small and the food doesn't go very far. Crap. Anyway, it was great to have Ben come for a short and sweet visit. I guess it's my turn next...to Italy!
No comments:
Post a Comment