I wasn't kidding when I said that the month of May is like the out-of-office month for me due to team/department offsites or trainings. I just finished a three-day "Management Fundamentals" course, and a two-day "Exercising Influence" training. And on Thursday, we had a half-day department offsite at the Fogarty Winery just off Skyline Blvd south of Woodside. Woe is me.
The Fogarty Winery is situated on a hilltop with panoramic views of the bay, and it was a gorgeous day, so we got the full view.
We were going to making our own lunch with Parties That Cook as part of the team-building event for the offsite.
Before we began the cooking, we had two speakers that gave us tutorials on chocolate (Carletta) and cheese-making (Will):
I was on the team that was assigned to making the chocolate fondue. It was really easy, so that was nice, and it left more time for me to socialize, have some wine and eat some yummy cheese. Glorious!
Gruyere Frico Cups with Soppressata and Herb Salad
Crostini “Caprese” with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Chocolate Balsamic Reduction
Orecchiette with Mascarpone, Pecorino, Basil and Tomatoes
Chicken Taquitos with Chocolate Mole and Melted Queso Fresco
Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Chipotle and Cocoa Nib Romesco
Decadent Chocolate Fondue Bar
We headed back to the office and had a couple more hours to catch up on actual work.
Later in the evening, Key, Will, Gail, Kenny, Shaun, Sloane and I went to Potrero Hill for dinner. We stopped in at Lingba for drinks and had dinner at Goat Hill Pizza. Pretty awesome day, finished with some quality time with Kenny before he headed back to Whistler on Friday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment