About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, May 26, 2008

JoJo & Mike Get Hitched

May 25, 2008

It's hard to believe that spring is pretty much done and we're already through most of May. But hooray for the Memorial Day long weekend!

On Saturday, Will and I drove out to Livermore for JoJo and Mike's wedding at Murieta's Well Winery. I hadn't paid much attention to Livermore previously, and it was very interesting to learn that there are so many vineyards out in this neck of the woods. The winery was a lovely locale for a wedding and it was the perfect size for this wedding.










The wedding ceremony took place with the vines in the background. Our good friend, Henrik, was the officiant of the ceremony.








JoJo was the epitomy of the beautiful bride, working her stuff in a gorgeous Vera Wang gown:









After the ceremony, we all moved indoors to the main building for wine and hors d'ouevres that were delicious.


Will and I were at the "Elbo Room" table with Gail, Wendy, Jeanne, Rick, Davina, Mike, Alden and Dan.

The food was wonderful. For an entree I (surprise) chose the filet, which was one of the best steaks I've had in a really really long time:








We danced the night away and closed down the dance floor:




The next morning, JoJo and Mike hosted a post-wedding barbeque at Lake Del Valle State Park close to Livermore.





The burgers were ginormous and the food was aplenty, not a big surprise for a JoJo and Mike event.

Congratulations to the happy couple who are off on their honeymoon travels to Morocco and Spain!

No comments: