About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Holiday!

August 11, 2008

I'm on holiday! Wheee!

On Friday night, Will and I caught a flight to Vancouver for a 9-day trip. We are in the Vancouver area for a wedding next weekend and to see friends and family.

Early on Saturday morning, Will got picked up for a weekend boys' bachelor trip to Tofino with the male side of the wedding crew. We're staying at Vicki Chan's place in Kitsilano when we're in Vancouver, so I got some quality time with little Chan this weekend.

We went for a 4-mile run along Kitsilano Beach, to Granville Island and back to Kits. We grabbed coffee and breakfast, and had a great morning/early afternoon hanging out in her neighborhood.

In the late afternoon, Vicki and headed up to Whistler to visit Kenny. It's also the first weekend of Crankworx, the week-long crazy mountain biking event at Whistler. Kenny shares a condo just up the hill from Whistler Village on the Blackcomb side.





We grabbed groceries and barbequed steaks at Kenny's place, and enjoyed some spirits as we watched the Olympics coverage. I had no idea what an Olympics fan (freak) Vicki is, so we split our time watching three different channels of coverage.

We headed down the hill to Whistler Village to meet up with some folks and ended up at Longhorn Saloon.






After some good quality sleep-in, we got up and wandered down to the village for lunch and to see what was going on with Crankworx.



There were some speed races, but pretty tough to watch, the big action is next weekend when the slopestyle and big air events happen, bummer to miss it.

Vicki and I hopped back in my mondo car rental (they were out of sub-compacts when we arrived and gave us a "premium" Chrystler Pacifcia...a gas-guzzling monstrosity) and headed back to Vancouver in the late afternoon, back to more women's gymnastics coverage and sushi! Heaven!

No comments: