About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

House of Prime Rib

August 24, 2008

On Saturday night, Will and I were back in the city for a triple-date (tri-date!) with Robert, Sue Hee, Tuttle and Susan. Tuttle apparently has some strong feelings about couple dates, so it was a fun "surprise" for him to show up and realize that it was a tri-date. Ha!

The site of the tri-date was the infamous House of Prime Rib. Yes, it's true, it's taken me this long to finally make it for dinner at this superfantastic beef institution. HPR is old-school in it's steakhouse atmosphere and service, with the prime rib carved at your table. I was in heaven.



The prime rib cart:
Carlos, the prime rib carver, making the magic happen:
As Tuttle stated "That man has a PhD in Deliciousness".

I didn't finish my salad, I didn't eat the dinner bread, and managed to have the perfect amount of food for dinner without feeling overstuffed. Success!


After dinner, we mosey-ed down to Martuni's for some post-dinner drinks. First mistake. Second mistake was participating in ro-sham-bo drinking games. Apparently, I suck at ro-sham-bo drinking games. Third mistake...fernet.


Robert's face pretty much sums up fernet:
Dinner was wonderful, post-dinner drinks were fun if not sketchy, and the next day can be summed up in one statment "my head no feel good". Remind me never to play ro-sham-bo with Tuttle.

No comments: