About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, May 11, 2009

NOLA - Friday

May 10, 2009

I had a nice short work week, as Will and I flew to New Orleans (NOLA! The Big Easy!) on Thursday afternoon....wheeee!!!! We were spending a long weekend in NOLA for Julliette and Rob's nuptials. It was late Thursday night when we finally got to our hotel on Canal Street (main artery between the French Quarter and the CBD), the Marriott, so we crashed out and had a fantastic sleep-in.

On Friday, we wandered the French Quarter, taking in the great sights and trying to stay cool in the stinking hotness of NOLA.




We met up for brunch with Coco and Sonia at the Court of Two Sisters, with their famous jazz brunch buffet.








The famous "blue dog" by New Orleans native, George Rodrigue:


After brunch, we parted ways with Coco and Sonia, and did some more wandering along the Mississippi River and the "moonwalk".





Of course, we ended up at the famous Cafe du Monde for afternoon treats of beignets:




We met back up with Coco, Sonia and Aaron for drinks on Bourbon Street at the Old Absinthe House:


From drinks, Will and I headed off to meet up with Julliette, Rob, and lots of family and friends for dinner at Zea's Rotisserie and Grill on St. Charles street.



After dinner, we rode the St. Charles streetcar back to the French Quarter:

Back to Bourbon Street:
To Pat O' Brien's for the famous Hurricane!



It was a fantastic first day in NOLA, and I was definitely headed for a sugar hangover based on the sweet drinks I had consumed throughout the night. But it was still worth it...

No comments: