About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Sherman

May 13, 2009

On Tuesday night, I met up with some work folks for dinner at The Sherman, touted as the only on-water restaurant on the Peninsula, as it's a retired ship that is permanently docked and was converted to a restaurant. 




It was a three-course prix fixe dinner:
Cold avocado soup with Bay shrimp and tomato salad. I wasn't blown away by the soup, but then again, it's been a while since I've had cold soup. 
Angus New York stea with gorgonzola butter, roasted garlic Pave, and grilled asparagus. The entree was delicious and well-cooked. 
New York style cheesecake for dessert, pretty straight-forward and tasty. 

The work dinner was an appreciation dinner for some of the teams that I work on, as well as a thank-you and goodbye dinner to two former team members, Jeff and Zung. 






I always enjoy a chance to socialize with this team, these high-performing folks always demonstrate the caliber of people that work at Genentech. 

No comments: