Last night, I went for dinner with Brisdell to a new-ish place in Union Square called Bar Crudo. Bar Crudo is a "modern raw bar" which is in this tiny space next to the Tunnel Top on Bush street at Stockton. It has gotten rave reviews and was named to the Chronicle's Top 100 list this year.
Thankfully, Brisdell likes oysters as much as I do, so we tried all four varieties:
La Luna (Carlsbad), Effinghams (British Columbia), Stingray (Rappahanock River)and Olde Salt (Chesapeake Bay). My favorites were the Lunas...so full of flavor in a little oyster.
We moved onto the Crudo Sampler for two:
- Dayboat Scallops with chickpea puree, arugula oil, icicle radish
- Tombo Tuna with lobster oil, pineapple vanilla vinaigrette, chervil, Himalayan pepper
- Arctic Char with creamy horseradish, wasabi tobiko, dill
- Rhode Island Fluke with golden beet, horseradish crème fraiche, caviar, chives My favorite was the arctic char, the wasabi tobiko was amazing!
Lobster Salad with baby artichokes, fingerling potatoes, burrata cheese, Banyuls caper vinaigrette, and wild arugula. Good lord, this was one of the best things I've had in a long time. It's no surprise that I love lobster, but I love beets too. And the combination with the burrata cheese was so light and wonderful. Go try this.
Steamed Manila Clams & Sweet Maine Shrimp (Troubadour Blonde Ale, fava leaves, pea shoots, beech mushrooms, green garlic, white beans). Also very nice, the broth was very flavorful and the beans were really good.
We sat and dined for over 4 hours and had a really nice meal. The server was patient and very helpful, she recommended a pretty fantastic wine that went well with everything. I was psyched that they weren't rushing us to turn the table over. If you like raw food and are looking for a good date place, I would highly recommend Bar Crudo.
No comments:
Post a Comment