About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Swede Goodbyes

October 21, 2007

I had a pretty phenomenal Saturday in sunny SF yesterday. I slept in a little, had a coffee, and then met Key for brunch at Tangerine, voted Best Brunch 2007 by Citysearch. After munching on a tasty smoked salmon benedict, we headed to an open house for my artist friends, Beth Weintraub and Liz Saintsing. Beth and Liz had planned the open house in conjunction with ArtSpan's Open Studios that run through the month of October.

It was awesome to catch up with Beth, Tony (Beth's husband) and Liz again. Liz also assists Beth in her printmaking, but has been doing really well with her own line of vintage bags and accessories that she creates as functional art. Also, Liz is currently being featured with her own artisan line of chocolates from Recchuiti (Beth's artisan series was featured in 2005).

Also, the art pieces were discounted by quite a lot, so I bought two pieces of Beth's art...sweet!

From the open house, we went back to the Valencia corridor and wandered in and out of stores. We headed over to Tartine Bakery for their infamous Lemon Cream Tart, and then stopped in at Bi-Rite Creamery so that I could try their Concord Grape Granita. Awesome! Key had the salted caramel, which was amazing, I would highly recommend that flavor.

What a great day of indulgence!

I went home to hang out for a while, and was wonderfully surprised when Wendy called me en route from Tomales Bay and announced that she was bringing me a dozen oysters from the Tomales Bay Oyster Co....she is a really good friend.

So I did a quick google search and whipped up my first white wine oyster mignonette, which was pretty good. When she arrived with the oysters, I was ready with the shucker in hand. Those oysters never had a chance.

Later in the evening, I stopped in at a birthday party for Brisdell's hubby, Bing at their place on Dolores (great view!), and then headed to Anna's going away party at Wish in SOMA (boo!).












Happy Trails, Anna! We'll miss you!

No comments: