About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Reunion Tour

October 4, 2007

Last night, Will, Abe, Robert and I headed to Slim's in SOMA to check out my favorite Canadian band, The Weakerthans, in concert. Prior to the concert, we went to Yo-Yo for sushi dinner, visiting our favorite hostess, Jessica, who showered us with lavish extras like edamame, tempura, and more beer (!). What a great, dependable place.

The Weakerthans just released their highly anticipated follow-up to 2003 "Reconstruction Site" with their newest album release of "Reunion Tour" at the end of September.

I bought a rad brown warm-up jacket with a Weakerthans curling design. Curling...awesome. ASIDE: Does anyone know where a girl could go curling in the Bay Area?


Can someone please teach me how to take a picture in a dark concert venue?

Here's a blurry and questionable-sound-quality video of the Weakerthans playing one of my all-time favorite songs, "Reconstruction Site":

My new favorite song "Night Windows" from their new album:



It was so awesome to see this band live again. They played for over 1.5 hours and checked off my favorite tunes: "Left and Leaving", "A Plea From A Cat Named Virtute", "Our Tired Explorer" and "One Great City!".

I heart The Weakerthans!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe it's
"I <3 the Weakerthans"