With all the work stuff going on and travels, I didn't realize that the first week of June has already gone by.
FRIDAY
Friday was my sister's birthday, so I babysat the kiddies so that she and Jack could have a date night. I got there after work and immersed myself in cuteness.
I'm a bad auntie because I let the kids stay up pretty late. They're just so damn cuddly, I didn't realize how late it was. Dinner and a movie took until 11:15, and Will was heading to Victoria to see his folks the next morning, so I had to get home to catch some well-earned zzz's before dropping him off at the airport.
SATURDAY
After Bay To Breakers, I decided to sign up for my first half-marathon, which happens to be the first half (and harder/hillier but more scenic half) of the San Francisco Marathon on August 3. I've been doing a 12-week generic half marathon training program, so it's been great to have a goal to work towards.
I've recently discovered Map My Run, which is great for plotting out running courses. In addition to telling you the distance, it also shows you elevation. On Saturday morning, I went for a 6 mile run with Kali in GG Park that I plotted out. It was a gorgeous morning, and felt so good to be out enjoying the park.
On Saturday night, Wendy came over for dinner (I made Korean BBQ Kalbi ribs, yum!) and then we headed over to Reba's for her birthday and annual how-many-people-can-I-squeeze-into-my-apartment shindig. From Reba's we headed over to Sloane's BLT party in the Castro. Don't ask what Shaun is (not) wearing.
Good times galore, love the dancing. And the afros.
Happy Birthday Reba!
No comments:
Post a Comment