June 18, 2008
I went to a hip hop class at Dance Mission tonight, ending a 4+ year drought of hip hop classes. It was actually Sloane who woke me from my hip-hop-class-less existence, as he started taking classes at Dance Mission recently.
I used to take a bunch of classes at Dance Mission under the tutelage of the now-famous "Big Poppa" Allan Frias, who gained even more notoriety during the first season of "So You Think You Can Dance". However, ACL reconstruction and lack of confidence in my knee prevented me from going back. But that was over 4 years ago, so it was time to sack up and hit it with Sloane and Gail.
We went to the 6:30 beginning hip hop class and learned a really fun routine to the first 26 seconds of "Lose Control" by Missy Elliot (featuring Ciara). It's an awesome 26 seconds. If you ask me in the next couple days to do the routine, I'll do it for you, but I'll definitely forget it in a day or two.
No pics, too busy hip-hopping, you'll have to join us sometime if you want to see all the action.
No comments:
Post a Comment