About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Friday, October 12, 2007

HH at Levende

October 12, 2007

It's been a pretty hellish couple of weeks at work, I transitioned onto a new project with lots of activities and it's been kicking my butt. Thankfully, making through this week has been a major milestone, and my anxiety level can now chill out...

On Thursday night, I went for happy hour with a few co-workers at Levende Lounge. My friend, Wade, was also in town for work, so he joined us as well.

Two mojitos into HH, we all decided to order some yummy small plates...
Bluenose bass ceviche serrano with yellow tomatoes, fried plantain, lotus, tarro & tortilla chips. The dry ice was a nice touch and functioned well to keep the ceviche chilled.
The mandarin orange glazed babyback ribs with edamame, daikon sprouts and enoki mushroom salad. The ribs were of generous size, and were so tender the meat fell off the bone. I also love enoki mushrooms, so they were awesome with a little bit of the orange glaze.
The good-ole stand-by side dish: mac & cheese with applewood smoked bacon and sage. Enough said.
The roasted beet salad with pecan crusted goat cheese, mizuna, haricot vert, maple & mustard vinaigrette. I'm a big fan of beets.

The signature dish at Levende: Indian spiced mini lamb burgers with onion chutney, cumin and yogurt sauce, and pickled cukes. Although there is a new head chef, Levende has kept these yummy burgers of goodness on their menu (originally created by the previous chef Jamie Lauren, who has since moved on to the executive chef position at Absinthe Brasserie & Bar).


Levende is always a good place to check out. I've always loved the room and they also had a nice live band with three members playing while we were hanging out. However, I should note that their happy hour prices (for beer only) only applies to the bar service only, not at the tables.

1 comment:

AAA said...

wade is all over your blog. crazy!