About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Chihuly @ De Young

July 18, 2008

On Friday night, Will and I met up with Gail, Robert and Sue Hee to check out the Dale Chihuly exhbit at the De Young Museum. The first Chihuly piece I ever laid eyes on was when I went to check out the Annie Leibowitz exhibit at the Legion of Honor, and in the courtyard stands a dramatic blending of orange, red and yellow glass in a medusa-like configuration.

So, I was pretty excited when I heard there was going to be a big Chihuly exhibit at the De Young, running from June 14 - September 28, 2008. Also, the only night that the De Young stays open later into the evening is Friday nights, where they host a "happy hour" until 8:45 pm, with live music and a bar. A pretty nice combination if you ask me.

If you are interested in the Friday Night at the De Young events, you definitely should get your tix ahead of time. I'm a member, so I went online and reserved some tickets ($0.30 per ticket fee online).

Here are some pics of some of the amazing pieces:























If you're interested, you can purchase an original Chihuly piece (much smaller than those on exhibit) for ~$5500-6500.
There was a big band playing music and some really good jitterbug dancers showing off their skills.


After the exhibit, we went to dinner at San Tung in Inner Sunset (oh, those amazing dry chicken wings!), a great end to a good Friday night.

No comments: