About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jungle Run

July 12, 2008

In the wee hours of early Sunday morning, Kali and I headed down to Los Gatos to do the 10K Jungle Run. There's also a half-marathon (which Sara, Laura and CeCe were doing), but I decided to run the 10K event to stick with my half-marathon training program (the SF half marathon is only three weeks away!).

The 10K started around 7:15 AM, the course starting at Los Gatos High School, through some neighborhoods of Los Gatos, to Vasona Lake Park, along the Vasona Lake shores, on the Creek trail back to Old Town Los Gatos, with a finish on the Los Gatos High School track.



Before the race, I ran into Cat, who I haven't seen in ages! Great to catch up again!

Some pics snapped along the route:



The course ended up being a lot more hilly than I anticipated, which was a good challenge. The combination of starting so early and the route being in mostly shaded areas helped preserve me from the typical heat-exhaustion effects that I am a big wimpy about. The first two miles I ran were pretty fast for me, and then I settled into a good pace. In the end, I ran my fastest 10K run yet, finishing in 55:22 (8:55 min/mile pace), which put me 129th overall (out of 493 runners in the 10K event), 44th for women, and 12th in my age division (30-39). Sweet!

Random dude in a jungle outfit:
After the run, Kali and I headed back up to the city to catch dim sum action with some folks at Ton Kiang.


I was pretty pooped for the rest of the day and didn't really leave the couch. It was so nice to veg out after a busy morning.

No comments: