About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kasa

July 15, 2008

Last night after spin class at the gym, Will and I met up with Robert at a new local goodie, Kasa Indian Eatery, which opened only a couple months ago at the corner of 18th and Hartford in the Castro.

It's a great place, very casual, simple and clean-looking. You order at the counter, watch them pull together your order, pay, and then sit down and eat. The menu is really simple, choices between ordering either Kati Rolls (flaky, buttery roti wrapped around one of your menu choices, served with a garnish salad and a cooling raita) or Thalis dish (deconstructed Kati roll with one of the menu choices and roti, served with slow-simmered daal, basmati rice, garnish salad and cooling raita). The menu choices are:
  • Chicken Tikka
  • Chicken Tikka Masala
  • Lamb Curry
  • Turkey Kebab
  • Aloo Jeera (potato-based)
  • Karahi Paneer (cheese-based)

I ordered two Kati Rolls ($8.95), one Chicken Tikka and one Chicken Tikka Masala, with a nice Belgian beer to accompany dinner. The rolls were great, two were almost too much for me (maybe 1.5 would be perfect). I liked the Chicken Tikka, which was less spicy than the Tikka Masala (but then again, I'm a big wimp).

Check out Kasa if you get a chance, it's a great, affordable place to get your Indian food fix inthe Castro.

No comments: