Adam is in town for work, so on Monday night, Wendy and I went for dinner with the North Face boys (Adam, Wade and Rick) at Range. Will is battling a bad cold/flu, so he passed on dinner with the boys. I haven't been back to Range for dinner in some time now, so it was great to go back and revisit this place.
To start, Wendy and I shared the raw hawaiian tombo tartar with avocado, early girl tomatoes and basil oil. It was yummy! Then again, I'm usually pretty happy with tartar that tastes fresh and is seasoned well. The tomatoes were so ripe and sweet, it was delicious.
For dinner, I had the pan roasted hanger steak with chanterelle mushrooms, barley, dino kale and scallions. The dish was well-balanced and overall very good. The meat was prepared perfectly for me, and the chanterelle mushrooms were wonderful.
We were too full for dessert, but we had a great meal with lots of good catch-up conversation. It was great to see Adam and hear stories about his little girl, Aisha. It was also fantastic catching up with Wade and Rick. I was psyched to see that Range still delivers a good meal as well. Check it out sometime, a good Mission bet for food.
No comments:
Post a Comment