About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

SFC Fiesta Carnival

October 5, 2008

After the half-marathon, I headed over to my sister's place in Santa Clara, which was pretty close to where some of the run was. Angie and Jack were making me brunch (yum!) and Terrina brought prosecco for mimosas (yay!). The girls were dressed up in their princess dresses and greeted me at the front door:


Not to be left out, Simon was playing dress-up himself, but he was wearing a pit-crew outfit from the Pixar movie "Cars" (he's such a boy!):

In the afternoon, the whole family with Terrina and I headed over to Olivia's school (Saint Frances Cabrini) where they were holding their annual Fiesta Carnival to raise funds for the school. This school doesn't mess around, they pull out all the stops for the carnival, with lots of rides, games, performances, food vendors, etc.



Olivia's kindergarten class sang a series of songs in a concert in the afternoon, here are a couple pics and a couple videos of the songs:







Next came the fun with the rides. Charlotte was not a fan, and Simon was "scared", but he managed to ride a bunch of them:
















I was exhausted after three hours of kiddie-carnival fun. As soon as we left, I was on the road home. My legs were in dire need of rest (note to self: don't go to an elementary school fundraiser after you've run a half-marathon...) and I had big plans for a night of vegging on the couch and going to sleep in a comfy bed. Mmmm.....bed....

No comments: