On Wednesday night, I went for dinner at Frisson with folks from work and had an awesome meal. I've been here a couple times for dinner, but not in over a year, and it was nice to see the quality was still high, and I actually thought the portions had gotten (gasp!) larger!
We shared a bunch of appetizers:
Heirloom beet & watercress salad with creamy rogue river blue dressing
Seared hudson valley foie gras with spicy peanuts, toasted brioche, raspberry-mint jam (to die for!)
Beef tenderloin & big eye tuna carparccio with whole grain mustard vinaigrette
Venison tartare with capers, cornichon, anchovy mayonaisse (my favorite appie!).
For dinner, I had the roasted duck breast with caramelized glazed endive, brussels sprout fondant, madiera jus. First of all, this was a big meal, I could barely eat it all. But I did. And it was delicious.
A couple desserts to share:
Meyer lemon & sable breton tartlet with housemade ricotta, warm raspberries, black truffle honey. The ricotta was wonderful, but didn't really go with the tartlet, so it was just a nice thing to eat separately. The raspberries with the black truffle honey was reason enough to order this dessert, not to mention that the tartlet was also very good.
Dark chocolate & cherry napoleon with french sour cherry ganache, black tea crema, bourbon caramel. Yum!
Kudos to Frisson for being consistently good over the years, a great place to go for dinner, especially when work is footing the bill!
No comments:
Post a Comment