Adam and Wade were in town this week for work stuff, so Will and I went for dinner on Monday night with them to South Food + Wine Bar, located across the street from the CalTrain station in SOMA, right close to the ball park. Of course, I had been wanting to try this place out, new and trendy and all that, but also because of our recent travels to Sydney and NZ. I was dying to eat some lamb.
I started with the Grilled prawns + Moorish crunch salad, which was nice and refreshing, and there were quite a few prawns, which were very yummy.
Will had the South crab omelette with enoki mushrooms + miso mustard broth, which was also yummy, and different, but in a good way.
For my entree, I had the Victorian lamb loin with sumac, celeriac puree, asparagus, parsley, shallots and capers, which was exactly what I was jones-ing for. I'm salivating just looking at the picture again. The celeriac puree was wonderful, I wished there was more on the plate.
Will had the West Australian barramundi, rozelle spices, israeli cous cous mussels, tomato, cucumber + dill. The fish was nice and the cous cous was very tasty.
Don't we look intelligent?
The restaurant was smaller than I expected, but the room was nice and warm. They print their menu on the back of an "Aussie/Kiwi News" page, which was hilarious. It was also a good meal, and I would recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment