As many of you are well aware, Facebook is outta control, but it has brought me back in touch with lost friends o' the past. One of those old buds was my friend, Danelle, who I went to UofC with and had met in residence on campus. Danelle bought a ticket to San Francisco for a quick adventure during her spring break (she's a school counsellor currently, and is on her way to being a practicing psychologist), so she sent me a message via Facebook and we finally reconnected after 9 or so years.
Danelle showed up on Monday, and we walked from my place to the Mission for dinner, with a nice tourist stop through Dolores Park on the way to catch the great city skyline. I had gotten some nice shots from Dolores Park on the weekend, so it was great to catch the park at dusk with only a few people around.
It was great to catch up with Danelle, seemingly in the trend of old friends visiting recently (noting the Shepel visit of two weeks ago). I dug out my old photos and we laughed ourselves silly looking at our fresh naive faces. I also found some great photos for posterity that other people might not be as excited to see... oh, the fun that we could have scanning and posting on Facebook...
Now I can't wait to see who's going to visit me next...
No comments:
Post a Comment