About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

SFUC Season Ender Bender

March 2, 2008

I've been co-captaining a winter league frizzer team for the San Francisco Ultimate Club (SFUC)with Shaun this winter, but due to rain-outs, we've played less than half the games scheduled. Which was probably a good thing, considering I was out of town for 5 weeks of the season and only missed one game.

But, thankfully the weather cooperated and we were able to play our season ending tournament at the Beach Chalet fields in Golden Gate Park.

Each year, there is a theme for the team names, here are examples of team name themes in the past, with my team name in parentheses:
  • Hairstyles (Pompadour)
  • Junior Adult Books (Superfudge)
  • Toys & Games (Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots)
  • Symptoms & Illnesses (Cramps)
  • Novelty "As Seen On TV" Items (Amazing Elastic Plastic)
  • Names that Bart Simpson Used When Calling Moe's Tavern (Seymour Butz)
This year, the Commissioner of the league pushed the envelope on the theme and went for "Titles from Porn Movies". This is a PG blog, but I will share with you the name our our team this year "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Sausage". Seriously.



Our team played on Saturday morning, losing two games by 1 point and winning our other game. We managed to squeak into the A Bracket due to our point differential, so it was a nice treat knowing that we didn't have to play on Sunday until 11:30 am.

Here's our Saturday team picture:

It was nice to be done playing by 2 pm, so I spent the afternoon catching up on life and enjoying the nice day. On Saturday night, Will came back from Tahoe, bringing lovely chicken sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A (in Solano!). Mmmm..

Gail came over and we had some wine before heading to the tournament party at the Pink Palace.










On Sunday, Gail, Will and I had a nice sleep-in and then went for crepes at Queen Malika before heading to the fields. We lost our quarters game by one point and played another game before calling it quits. Despite the losses, it was a gorgeous weekend to be playing frizzer and our team had a great time. Here's our Sunday team pic:
Ahh...good times...

No comments: