About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Dine About Town - Chez Papa Bistrot

June 9, 2009

Twice a year, a gaggle of restaurants in SF participate in Dine About Town, a promotional program in which three-course meals are offered at a discount (Lunch for $21.95 and Dinner for $34.95).

On Monday night, Robert, Sue Hee, Will and I went to Chez Papa Bistrot in the Mint Plaza. 
To start, I had the Snake River Kobe beef tartare with dijon mustard, capers, garlic toast points shallots, which was fantastic. 
For the entree, I chose the Liberty Farms Duck Leg Confit with parsnip puree, swiss chard, rhubarb and sherry jus. The duck was incredibly tender and delicious. 
For dessert, I had the Cocoa nib profiteroles with french vanilla gelato, toasted almonds, and drizzled with warm chocolate sauce. Here is pre-chocolate sauce drizzle:
Post-chocolate sauce drizzle:

The entire meal was delicious, fantastic service, great restaurant. Chez Papa Bistrot was a great deal with Dine About Town, and I would go back in a heartbeat. Check it out!

No comments: