About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Hanging with the Foghs in Mississauga

May 27, 2009

On Friday after my work meetings in Orlando, I headed to the Orlando airport to begin my two-part flight itinerary to Toronto, to meet up with Will for a wedding. I was supposed to connect to Toronto through Philadelphia. Some crazy summer electrical storms wreaked havoc on Dulles airport in DC, which then created a ripple-effect of delays for all major airports in Eastern US. As a result, I sat on a plane that sat on the tarmac in Orlando for 2 hours before we could take off, which meant that I was going to miss my connecting flight in Philly. And yes, I did miss it. No chance to even run for the next flight, it took off as we were landing and they gave my seat away. Boo hoo.

I spent Friday evening in the discomfort of a Days Inn room (in a sketchy area of Philly where a flight attendant on the shuttle bus told me "don't walk around by yourself at night"). Noted.

On early Saturday morning, I boarded the 6:20 AM flight to Toronto and finally made it. Will picked me up and we headed over to Thomas and Andi's house in Mississauga to have breakfast with the family. It was fantastic to finally meet the twins (Kaia and Lucas) in person, and to see how big Marcus was (last time I had seen him was over 5 years ago!).







After a great breakfast (yum! Thanks!) and a series of outdoor activities (double-dutch, street baseball, etc.), Will and I headed into Toronto to check in to our hotel and get ready for the wedding.

No comments: